- Population of Israel: 8,585,500 (2015)
- Jewish population: 6,119,000 (75%)
- Arab population: 1,688,600 (21%)
- Others: 349,700 (4%)
- This includes around 140,000 Druze
- Note: This equals 8,157,300 as data is from 2013 (I think).
- Annual growth rate: 2.0%
- Growth rate of Jewish population: 1.7%
- Growth rate of Arab population: 2.2%
- So Jewish population is around 8,585,500 times .75 = 6,439,125?
- Population of West Bank: 2,862,485
- Growth rate: 2.59%
- In 2014 population was 83% Arab, 17% Israeli Jewish and other
- 80-85% Muslim, 1 – 2.5% Christian, 12-14% Jewish.
- Jewish population is included in the Israeli figures
- So 2,862,485 x .83 = 2,375,863 Arabs?
- Population of Gaza Strip: 1,819,982
- Growth rate: 3.41%
- 98-99% Muslim, 0.7% Christian
- Population of East Jerusalem: (192,800)
- Total Palestinian Arab Population: 4,192,845 or greater (see below)
1. Total Jewish population in Israel and Palestine: 6,439,125
2. Total Arab population in Israel and Palestine: 5,884,445 or more
A. Around 6.08 in 2014 according to Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics
B. Around 6.2 million according to Israeli statistics
This is all drawn from two Wikipedia articles:
- I will let you all sort out the details…as I am sure I made an error somewhere
Anyhow, the main point is in the areas of Israel, West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza Strip there are over 6 million Jews and a little over 6 million Arabs (of which 1.7 million are Israeli Arabs). At some point in the near future (2020 according to one article I saw), Israeli and Palestinian Arabs will outnumber Israeli Jews across the area of Israel and Palestine. Right now there are effectively three states covering this area: Israel, Palestinian Authority (West Bank) and Gaza (under Hamas).